For the avid reader of this blog (there is a handful of you and you mean the world to me) I’ve employed a whole lot of foreshadowing… We’ve been toying with this idea for quite some time and last week we’ve finally returned to Berlin. Everyone we’re talking to seems to have the same question
Even people at the bureaucratic institutions (and we’ve seen plenty of them) are completely puzzled, why on earth anyone would move from Australia to Germany. Big decisions like that don’t come half-heartedly, so here are a few reasons:
- Once you fall in love with a big city, it is really hard to live anywhere else.
- My better half and I are from two different countries, so it paid off to live in two places for a while to see where we really wanted to settle.
- Decluttering is good for you.
- No child is an island and neither are we. It was a decision for us as a family for a better future, a better education for our offspring and a family life (something Cinderello and I will always be denied in Adelaide.)
- Life is really very short.
- We just really love paper work and ticking off to do lists.
- We missed the Berlin charme.
- We don’t dig sleeping. Erm.
WHAT ABOUT THE WEATHER???
Yeah, I’m not too sure about that either. At the moment, it is just really exciting to be home. It is about 8 degrees and since the Spring fashion is out, it is impossible to buy a warm jacket. Anywhere. Rained on once, I sound as husky as Marlene Dietrich but my dear friend Poppy gave me a jacket and I think, I will be okay. Hopefully we’ve soaked up enough sun to last us for a few years. While I’m toughening up, Berlin is excited; it might hit 20 on the weekend.
The things you do, to watch Eurovision in real time…