I am so excited about my nomination for the Liebster Award!
Still scared a bit of public writing, I am happy about every single person that actually reads my clumsy ramblings. Plus I have been nominated by a blog that I really enjoy reading as well. Thank you so much Sabine! Check out incahootswithmuddyboots here.
1. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I am really happy if I get to squeeze in some sewing, reading or, as of late, blogging
2. What is your favorite movie?
Great Expectations (or was it Dirty Dancing?)
3. Where would you like your next vacation to be?
Anywhere in Asia. (It’s probably gonna be Australia. It’s a tough life…)
4. Who is your favorite author and why?
Hemingway because I really like his writing.
5. Do you speak any foreign languages? If yes, which ones?
I speak German and English. Let’s not count the ones from school… but they do help to have more fun with words.
6. What do you like best about yourself?
The dog ate this part of my homework.
7. Favorite color?
Most colors are pretty awesome. I tend to choose green over the others.
8. Favorite fruit?
That changes with food phases, Cherries, Mangos, Lychees and an apple a day… Most fruit is pretty amazing. Talking about fruit, a certain someone was once asked at a job interview what fruit he’d like to be. If there is anyone reading this in HR could you please explain that to me? Thank you.
9. Are you an “early bird”?
I’ve heard once the kids are teenagers you get to sleep in again.
10. What inspires you to write?
11. Why did you start blogging?
Blogging is an amazing platform to meet like-minded people. I would like to improve my writing and photography skills. I seem to have some unused brain power that I can put to good use here. Blogging is a creative outlet and marks a new phase in my life. There’s a project I’m working on, too… Let’s hope I’ll be able to share that with you in the near future.
While I was taking my sweet time listing other nominees (many I really like have been recently nominated or have too many followers) I was nominated again. Thank you so much Jeanne! Check out sillisoup here.
I am very grateful and humble and feel doubleproud. I really, really appreciate this.
If you could have dinner with a famous person, living or dead, who would it be? What would you ask her or him?
I would like to meet Hugh Grant, CEO of Monsanto, and ask him if he really thinks what they are doing is all that grand?
Do you cook? Why or why not?
I like healthy food, therefore I cook. I find cutting up stuff quite zen but I’m happy if I don’t have to do it every day…
What’s your favorite hobby?
If favorite is the one you spend most time on, it would now be blogging.
What are you learning about now?
Adobe Suite, WordPress, how to stand your ground
What’s the most interesting place you’ve ever visited?
New Orleans and Dubai left the biggest impression on me (but if you look closely most places are pretty interesting).
If you could have a talent you don’t currently possess what would it be?
Dance or sit it out?
Dance. All night.
What have you read lately? Was it good?
Lots of brand new blogs. Yes.
Tell me about a really good book you’ve read.
A well-loved book in my life is The Little Prince. It’s probably the book I reread the most.
Post a picture of someone or something you really like.
Here are the 10 wonderful Blogs that I nominate
1. Why did you choose the name of your blog?
2. Are you still enjoying it? Why (not)?
3. What do you do when you’re not here?
4. Coffee or tea?
5. What was your first record ever?
6. If you had a never ending supply of money and all your needs were being met, what would you do with your life?
7. Which show from your childhood do you still really love?
8. Would you like to share a guilty pleasure?
9. Freedom is …
10. Kitsch is …
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominating blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post