The year of the goat is running away from me. Maybe it is the feeling of time that changes when you get older or time flies when you are enjoying yourself? It has been six months since I have joined the blogging community and I have discovered many great blogs and writers and I have come to stay. Many tasks are easier and quicker now and I feel like it is time for some tweaking here…
- I appreciate the writing bit of it all and I genuinely like the process of putting a post together. It may not always look incredibly polished but at least it keeps me pretty sane.
- I seem to like semicolons and thoughts in brackets (but that’s okay).
- I have managed not to start a sentence with “and” yet.
- I don’t like starting sentences with “I”.
- At first I found my writing without a cause very liberating but I am starting to want a bit more structure.
- I would like to revise some comma rules and quadruple my adjectives, as there are a few more words than awesome, cute, great and nice.
- Once I manage this, I will move on to verbs. Pinky swear.
- I am trying to make my writing more personal without being too private.
- I will take more time to edit the written words.
- I may need a break from self-help books and Elvis movies.
- Sometimes you just need to post and move on with your life.
- I am starting to wonder, if I might enjoy the process of writing more, if I wrote in German.
- There are mum bloggers with 4 kids who blog for a living and I have absolutely no clue how they do that. All successful people I know sacrifice their sleep, maybe that’s the secret or it is time to get more organized. I’ve missed a week here and there and my blogging schedule went completely out of the window. I also missed a lot of posts from bloggers I love reading.
- I am catching up in my reader (which is not procrastinating).
- I would like to understand the blogging etiquette better and to progress to writing a decent comment.
- Next in line is Social Media. I am not a fan of Facebook and with that attitude I won’t get far… My Pinterest needs a bit of tuning and hashtagging and all that and I am eager to find out what that whole Twitter thing is all about.
- Occasionally life just gets in the way. Things can happen to friends and family that turn everything upside down and are not incredibly inspiring to be punny and there are bills to pay and dishes to do and Hungry Hippos to play and…
- Blogging 101. 3rd time lucky?
- I wonder if the layout is a bit much on the eyes?
- I would really like to include a blogroll but I am not sure how/where that would fit well.
- The posting schedule is more flexible now. I decided for myself it is better to postpone or skip, rather than posting something half-heartedly.
How do you handle these things?
I’d be happy about any feedback to help me improve this blog.